Don’t Call Me a Guru is a monthly podcast about social media strategy, from a social media strategist, featuring social media people.
The podcast originally started October 2016 with two co-hosts, Tyler Jack Butler and Linda Hoang, and as of November 2018, shifted to a single host (Linda). You can still follow Tyler on social media @tylerjackbutler.
About Linda Hoang
Linda Hoang is a Digital Strategist at Edmonton communications agency Calder Bateman, where she develops social media strategy, develops and executes content, and delivers social media training for a range of clients, across a number of platforms. Her work touches all areas of digital including organic to paid social advertising, website development, blogging, brand building and influencer marketing. Linda is also a food, travel and lifestyle blogger and the founder of the Edmonton International Cat Festival, which was the only event of its kind in Canada when it began in 2014.
Alberta Podcast Network
Don’t Call Me a Guru is a member of the Alberta Podcast Network, powered by ATB. The Alberta Podcast Network is on a mission to:
- Help Alberta-based podcasters create podcasts of high quality and reach larger audiences;
- Foster connections among Alberta-based podcasters;
- Provide a powerful marketing opportunity for local businesses and organizations
- Doug Hoyer (@doughoyer, DougHoyer.Bandcamp.com) – created the Don’t Call Me a Guru music
- Rory Lee (@rorzle, RoryLeeDesign.com) – designer of the Don’t Call Me a Guru logo
- Matt Matyszczuk (@92mattfam, LinkedIn) – producer of the Don’t Call Me a Guru podcast
- Tyler Jack Butler (@tylerjackbutler) – original co-founder of the Don’t Call Me a Guru podcast