In Episode 28 of Don’t Call Me a Guru, host Linda is joined via Skype by Jesse Anderson, Global Community Manager for Anthem, an online, multi-player action role-playing video game developed by BioWare (Electronic Arts), who shares insights into community management and social media in the video game industry.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The importance of social media feedback on the company’s product/services
- How to incorporate audience/user-generated content into owned content
- How to approach and manage negative feedback
- KEANU REEVES AT E3 (lol)
- What success looks like for social media in the video game industry
This episode was recorded at NAIT Radio & Television Broadcasting Studios, by audio producer Matt Matyszczuk.
And here’s the RSS!
Don’t Call Me a Guru is a member of the Alberta Podcast Network powered by ATB!
The Alberta Podcast Network promotes and supports Alberta-made podcasts, and connects their audiences with Alberta-based businesses and organizations. We’re excited to be part of this group of creators!
- Doug Hoyer (@doughoyer, DougHoyer.Bandcamp.com) – created the Don’t Call Me a Guru music
- Rory Lee (@rorzle, RoryLeeDesign.com) – designer of the Don’t Call Me a Guru logo
- Matt Matyszczuk (@92mattfam, LinkedIn) – audio producer of the Don’t Call Me a Guru podcast
- NAIT Radio and Television Broadcasting Studios – podcast studio location
Let us know what you’d like to hear on our future episodes, and be sure to share feedback on what you thought of this one!